The jInbound Files plugin provides the ability to add a File Attachment field to landing page forms.
The jInbound Files Plugin install like any other Joomla Plugin
- Download the latest version of the plugin
- Copy the download ID from the right column, you'll need it later
- Log into the Joomla! Administrator and select Extensions - Extension Manager
- In the Upload Package tab browse for the downloaded file and select Upload and Install
Configure the Plugin
- Select Extensions - Plugin Manager
- Search for jinbound and select the jInbound Files plugin
- Check to make sure that the files you want to allow are in the Allowed File Types field (a comma seperated list, without spaces)
- Enter a storage path
- The path is the absolute server path (for an example see the Temp path in the Joomla Global Configuration - usually something like /home/user/public_html/...)
- This path can be outside the public_html for additional ensurance it is not easily accessible
- Enter the Download ID found in the right column of the download area (this will authorize 1-click updates)
- Enable the plugin by setting the Status to Enabled and clicking Save
Add a File Upload field to your forms
You will now have File as a field which you can simply drag into any form
Configure the Files Field
To configure the field select it and then choose the Field Settings Tab on the right
Label: The 'title' of the field as it is displayed in the form.
Unique Identifier: the database label for this field, must be unique to ensure data is recorded correctly.
Required: Choose whether or not the field must be filled in order to submit the form.
Attributes: Advanced settings that are unique to different field types, you can read more about this Joomla feature in the Joomla documentationhttps://docs.joomla.org/Form_field